See my post in reply to his.  You don't learn static routes, but you would
"learn" next hop from a static route (example being if it had a higher admin
metric than a dynamic routing protocol, and that protocol lost the route,
then the next-hop would be learned from the static).

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

""Donald B Johnson jr""  wrote in message
> I agree, 3 out the window, you don't "learn" a static
> don
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]