I'm going to say something Very controversial here, which is that I think
it's a good sign that a 17-year old had a hard time with the CCDA test. It
validates the test a bit. Design requires experience. Can someone who has
just learned to drive, design a car? Can someone who has just started
learning networking, design a network?

Remember that I teach (part-time) at the high school level and I love the
energy, quick thinking, and creativity of that age group. I strongly
believe that the inventions that they will develop will be even more
amazing than the ones our generation came up with. So I do not make this
comment out of prejudice.

Aaron, it sounds like you know which areas you need to study a bit more in
order to pass the test, so I'm sure you'll do well next time. Good luck!

Priscilla

At 09:02 AM 4/24/01, you wrote:
>Hey guys, this is Aaron again.  I failed my CCDA by 37 points.  I made a 718
>and i needed a 755 to pass....  Bah, out 100$..  I did rescedule it for a
>couple of weeks from now, and now that i know what sections i'm weak in, i
>think i might be able to make this up.  My worst section was WAN
>Technologies with a 40%.  My best was Network Management with a 100%.  So i
>guess i had quite a range of scores.  Anyways, back to the books and sample
>tests for me.  Thanks guys.
>
>~Aaron Vose

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com