I was wondering what others thought about the CCIE.  It seems to me now that
there are so many books and training materials geared towards the CCIE, it
is making it easier to obtain the CCIE.  With a steady diet of the right
books ( which everyone seems to agree on) and hands on time with routers and
switches ( which to me is the only obstacle), it does not seem as difficlut
as it proclaimed (and I think most people see that).My opinion is the CCIE
will be devalued  considerably in the next few years (As far as salary is
concerned as well as prestige)  As others have pointed out, the CCIE
population is growing at a faster rate (routing and switching), and even
though the demand is high for the CCIE now, I think in 2 years there will be
a difference in the way the industry views CCIE's....

.02 thats all

Tennesee Stud