The rate of new CCIE's has recently been increasing and I'm sure it will
continue to increase. The real question here is, how fast will the demand
for these CCIE's increase? If the demand increases faster than the supply,
then the salary for CCIE's will also increase.

When I think about the future, I see legacy voice systems being completely
replaced by VOIP networks. I see third world countries jumping on the
internet bandwagon. I even see myself programming my home oven from work so
it will be ready by the time I get home. The future will probably be
revolved around computer networks, so getting the CCIE would be a step in
the right direction.

Fred