I cannot help putting in a comment here.

It's funny how thin the line is between being lazy or not thinking and doing
the research and thinking yourself.

A question like "what's Cisco's website url?" would be lazy/stupid because
it should be very easy for an individual to figure that out, especially if
he/she wants to get certified.

A question like "I have applied this and this on my thirteen Cisco routers,
but for some reason router #4 and router #9 cannot 'talk' BGP with my router
#1, which is connected through a Token Ring MAU. Here's my conf from all
involved routers - can anyone help?" would be more 'acceptable', because it
could take many many hours to troubleshoot a problem like that if you're new
to it, but would only take a minute for a BGP guru.

However, if you're really doing your research and thinking and drinking
gallons of coffee, YOU WILL eventually find the solution yourself, and if
everyone did that, there would be no need for this list at all.

Now where do you set the border between a stupid/lazy question and an
acceptable one. That is probable a different place for each one of us on
this list. When I look back at when I posted my first questions on this
list, I almost want to crawl down in a small hole and disappear, because I
would have found many of the answers if I had just done a little research on
Cisco's website.

Sometimes I am so swamped at work that I do post one of those "lazy"
questions if I get an emergency situation with my Cisco equipment, because I
am hoping that someone that knows the solution to the problem can give it to
me in a couple of minutes, because I at that point can't spend the necessary
time doing the research.

Anyway, to end this e-mail, I would say that Patrick could have been a
little more informable, but Peter should not have replied back with that
kind of language.

Just my pair of cents,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~