ok, the origniating site seems to be up and doin better now.............

from the exploit published these notes as included:

* Cisco Hot Standby Routing Protocol (HSRP) Denial of Service
 * Written by bashis @ [[EMAIL PROTECTED] ], U may use it freely.
 *
 * My intention of this code is to show how weak HSRP protocol is.
 *
 * This code listen for any HSRP packet, when it hear one HSRP packet,
 * it capture this, modifies some of HSRP protocol parameters, and send out
 * a fake HSRP packet that tells other routers that I am the active router,
 * I have highest priority and you should be 'Standby' or silent..
 *
 * If the other active, and legal router has highest possible
 * priority (255), then they will fight.. ;-) , AND it seems
 * in my tests that the legal router who 'wishes' be active router,
 * IS allready active, so no DoS will occure. (only UDP flood from both)

so......... default HSRP priority is 100. If a HSRP pool didn't really
require priority, could it be set anyway to 255 and would this protect
against this DOS?

Kevin Wigle