I tried the HSRP access list from Brian (CCIE) and it works, (of course. ;-)

It was surprisingly easy to hack HSRP! :-[] I captured some HSRP packets
with EtherPeek and edited one to say the packet was from my PC and that my
priority was higher than the two legitimate HSRP routers. I then repeatedly
sent this packet, using the timer that the legitimate HSRP routers were
using.

The standby HSRP stopped sending HSRP packets (not sure why?) The
previously active made itself standby. PCs on the LAN that were set to use
the HSRP gateway address were unable to reach non-local stations. The DOS
worked, in other words. This is a lab network, by the way.

I used the access list below to make sure the HSRP routers only accepted
from each other and it solved the problem. I meant to save the
HyperTerminal session and show you that the deny in the access list was
getting invoked, but I forgot to save it.

Note one minor bug in configs below:

It should say "ip access-group 100 in" (at least on my routers, the ip was
required)

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com