Why not consider a Hub and Spoke VPN solution..?

Central Site - T1 to ISP
@6 Remotes T1's to ISP

Utilize IPSEC to establish secure vpn tunnels to the
Central Site and if you need to have spoke to spoke
connectivity then GRE Tunnels for dynamic routing is
an option but since you said static would suffice then
its even easier.

Upside: Do not need to have a Hub Router with 6 Serial
interfaces.  By Having local internet access at the 6
remotes your the hero because you would not have to
support Web traffic to your Hub since you would only
encrypt traffic destined for the protected networks at
the hub site.

Downside: Don't see any.. I think that more and more
Frame Relay networks will get replaced with a VPN
topology like I am suggesting.

Hope this helps..

Regards,
Paul