At 07:29 PM 5/11/01 -0400, ElephantChild wrote:
>On Fri, 11 May 2001, Brian wrote:
>
> > I have a question regarding the PIX, hopefully someone
> > can help me on this one.
> >
> > What version of PIX code is needed to be able to do NAT
> > overload, like you can on the routers?  Can someone give
> > an example of the command on how that is done?
>
>According to the PIX docs on CCO, 5.3 does it, and there's an example of
>sorts in the configuration guide/reference.

Yes, it was supported maybe even around 4.2.  However, they do not call it
overload, but rather the Ciscoism known as "PAT" (port address
translation).  The command is similar to normal nats for Pixes, but just
call it by one ip.

global (outside) 1 1.2.3.4 netmask 255.255.255.0
nat (inside) 1 0 0

It should respond with something like "global ip is going to be
PATed".  After that, it will act similarly to the "overload" command.

-Carroll Kong