Nope, you can use the outside interface to PAT as of 5.2 (perhaps newer):
pix(config)# global (outside) 1 interface
outside interface address added to PAT pool
pix(config)#

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v53/config/com