On a PIX you have always needed two separate addresses - one for the outside
interface and one for PAT. I checked the documentation for version 5.3 and
unfortunately this still seems to be the case.

See the URL below (watch the wrap).
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v53/config/com
mands.htm#xtocid223325

-Jonathan