Come on lads (and less frequently, lasses).

Is this a testosterone thing? We seem to have an amazing amount of bickering
and one-upmanship.
I think if you have to put someone down to get a leg up, it's not worth
bothering.
This bickering very rarely seems to come from the Gods of the group.
Where someone of intermediate level may not want to lower themselves to
answer a seemingly simple question, the more mature will offer a quick
complete answer. (Erase quick for Howard).
People build up a mental picture of the regulars. I'm sure a quick answer
has a more positive effect than a FLAME.
In 27 years time when I've progressed to the Gods of the group, I hope I'll
draw my pension with a (fairly) clear conscience.

I really think we need to mellow out a bit for the good of the group.
Go on, have a go (and a beer).

Gaz