>Come on lads (and less frequently, lasses).
>
>Is this a testosterone thing? We seem to have an amazing amount of bickering
>and one-upmanship.
>I think if you have to put someone down to get a leg up, it's not worth
>bothering.
>This bickering very rarely seems to come from the Gods of the group.
>Where someone of intermediate level may not want to lower themselves to
>answer a seemingly simple question, the more mature will offer a quick
>complete answer. (Erase quick for Howard).

Now this is a challenge.  Am I being accused of slow complete
answers, quick incomplete answers, or an inability to bicker?

:-)

>People build up a mental picture of the regulars. I'm sure a quick answer
>has a more positive effect than a FLAME.
>In 27 years time when I've progressed to the Gods of the group, I hope I'll
>draw my pension with a (fairly) clear conscience.
>
>I really think we need to mellow out a bit for the good of the group.
>Go on, have a go (and a beer).

It certainly can be suggested that BGP beering is more interesting
than BGP peering.  But as to the testosterone, I suggest you look
carefully at TCP port 25.  Mail bonding may be at work.