From: Chuck Larrieu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 10:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: How is IS-IS more scalable than OSPF? [7:5207]

-----Original Message-----
From:   Curtis Call [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, May 21, 2001 9:28 PM
To:     Chuck Larrieu
Cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

That's true, I didn't bother to try the math at all but it would be
possible.   However the thought of having thousands of routers connected
within 15 hops running RIP makes me somewhat queasy :-)

CL: Creating such a thing would be an interesting, if pointless, academic
exercise:-> it does lead to the question about the value of the max net
diameter of (E)IGRP.  Consider that one can get from any place in the world
to any other place in the world in fewer than 32 hops on the internet. Now
tell me again why one needs a max net diameter of 100, let alone 255?