Real simple: get a real telnet client that has a disconnect option (teraterm
is free and works great).  As soon as the 2511 sees the telnet session close
it will drop the reverse telnet line out to the 2501 (you can very by show
line on the 2501 to verify it's not in use).

Teraterm also supports serial connections (and can send break unlike the
default NT4 Hyperterminal).  There is also an SSHv1 add-on for connecting to
Cisco gear (Cisco only uses SSHv1 so far).

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]