From: RamG [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 2:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: TR Int Errr [7:6112]

Hello Gang - I am having problem bring up TR int.  Following is the debug
output.

R2502#debug token ring
Token Ring Interface debugging is on
R2502#
02:46:48: %TR-3-OPENFAIL: Unit 0, open failed: Phys. Insertion, ring
beaconing
02:46:50: TR0 starting.
02:47:12: %TR-3-OPENFAIL: Unit 0, open failed: Phys. Insertion, ring
beaconing
02:47:14: TR0 starting.
02:47:35: %TR-3-OPENFAIL: Unit 0, open failed: Phys. Insertion, ring
beaconing
02:47:37: TR0 starting.
02:47:59: %TR-3-OPENFAIL: Unit 0, open failed: Phys. Insertion, ring
beaconing
02:48:01: TR0 starting.

I browsed through cisco site to figure out what is the problem with TR based
on above debug output.  Following is the answer.  Can somebody help me to
bring up the TR.

Ring Beacon The interface is transmitting beacon frames onto the ring.
Something is wrong with the ring.

 R2502#show interface tokenring0
 TokenRing0 is initializing, line protocol is down
  Hardware is TMS380, address is 0000.30ba.4a52 (bia 0000.30ba.4a52)
  MTU 4464 bytes, BW 16000 Kbit, DLY 630 usec, rely 255/255, load 1/255
  Encapsulation SNAP, loopback not set, keepalive set (10 sec)
  ARP type: SNAP, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
  Ring speed: 16 Mbps
  Duplex: half
  Mode: Classic token ring station
  Group Address: 0x00000000, Functional Address: 0x08000000
  Ethernet Transit OUI: 0x000000
  Last input never, output never, output hang never
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue 0/40, 0 drops; input queue 0/75, 0 drops
  0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
  0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
  0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
  59 transitions

R2502#show config
Using 774 out of 32762 bytes