I agree with you.  It's awful easy for someone who's already gotten their
CCIE (which when they passed the lab probably could be quoted as saying
something like "that was the most difficult thing I've ever seen") to now
say "Sure...... make it as difficult as possible.... "

I don't know many CCIEs personally.  Only a couple, and both of them said
that given the time constraints of the lab (2 days), it is extremely
difficult. So I don't think jamming it into 1 day just because Cisco is too
cheap to spring for more testing centers to keep up with demand is a
"resonable solution".  Isn't this why Cisco is contemplating making it 1
day?   Not to "raise the bar" of the level of the exam, but simply because
they're testing centers can't handle the demand.  Mashing into 1 day, IMHO,
would be a very poor decision.

Agreeing with Brad, do all of the CCIEs that are out there have a problem
with leaving the bar where it was when you passed it?  It only seems fair.

Mike W.