""Chris Haller""  wrote in message
> If I remember correctly, each VLAN is it's own subnet.
>  And therefore, if each vlan is it's own subnet, you
> can only have 254 devices attached to each subnet.

Wrong!

What about this? 172.16.2.0 255.255.254.0--this has 510 hosts in it.

Enjoy!

> You may wanna check that on CCO.
>

> --- John Kale  wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > I read somewhere that there can only be a maximum of
> > 254 devices in a vlan.
> > I'm currently redesigning a network that would have
> > a vlan containing about
> > 300 devices. Is the 254 restriction a design one?
> > Please can someone
> > enlighting me on this issue.

Richard Deal [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* CCNP test author for www.equizware.com--500 questions each for the
Routing, Switching, Remote Access, and Support tests
* Author of the following Coriolis books: CCNP Switching Exam Cram, CCNP
Remote Access Exam Prep, and CCNP Cisco Lan Switch Configuration