But you don't know if you got that particular question correct, do you?

Well that all depends on the equipment you're talking about which you never
did mention.

I'm not going to get too much farther than into this thread, its ridiculous
to think that only 254 devices can be supported, etc........

This just pasted from CCO about the 1900 series switch, a very "junior"
switch.

"Up to 1024 port-based VLANs with ISL trunking (Enterprise Edition only)"

I can't find a CCO url quickly but this switch also supports 1024 MACs.  If
it can support 1024 MACs how many devices do you think that is?

No where does it mention that a vlan can have only 254 participants.  But of
course with only 1024 macs you can't have 1024 vlans with 1024 Macs each,

I don't know what material you're using to study but it seems its outdated.

But of course, if you got the question right - that only supports the often
stated opinion on this list that many of the exams have errors.

Kevin Wigle