Why not?  you can assign an IP address on a logical interface and mask it
just like a physical interface.

You can have this:

interface vlan 12
ip address 172.11.10.0 255.255.254.0

or

interface fastethernet 1/0.1
encapsulation isl 12
ip address 172.11.10.0 255.255.255.254.0

Just as previous responder say this mask would have 512 address available
minus network and broadcast address = 510 host addresses.