On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Susan Stone wrote:
>
> > >proxy.your.domain.goes.there.      IN A 10.0.0.6
> > >                           IN A 10.0.0.7
> > >
> > >Then you can just configure proxy.your.domain.goes.there. as the HTTP
> > >proxy in your users' browsers and forget that there are 2 addresses
> > >behind that name.
>
> > can this be done is Microsoft DNS??
>
> Certianly!
>
> Do note that you will only get a round-robin solution here, vs a failover
> solution.
>
> That is to say that, generally, both servers willl get used all of the
> time.  And if one server goes down, you'll find that you'll still get the
> server-unreachable's that you dont want.

Not sure what you're saying there. Does M$ DNS return single addresses
in answer to an A query instead of swapping them, eg alternating between
10.0.0.6 and 10.0.0.7 instead of (10.0.0.6, 10.0.0.7) and (10.0.0.7,
10.0.0.6)? Or are you saying that most clients, when presented with more
than 1 address in answer, would ignore all but the 1st?

--
"Someone approached me and asked me to teach a javascript course. I was
about to decline, saying that my complete ignorance of the subject made