On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, George Murphy CCNP wrote:

> I snagged a side job (pays great) and am wondering about a situation. Ok.=
> =2E. here goes. One PC out of about 15 that work great can see Server res=
> ources but cannot browse the web or ping outside. They are using an NT 2k=
>  Server,  2900XL switch and CELLPipe router to the web via ADSL. I have t=

Have you checked to see that the machine has a valid default gateway
assigned?  Have you tried a tracert to see where the machine thinks it is
going?

> able of????? What arer your thoughts.... The client is DHCP and the serve=
> r is no domain but providing DHCP and workgroup..?????

So we have verified the machine HAS recieved a valid IP address from the
DHCP server?  That it is even making the request?

winipcfg or similar would be a good place to look....

....david (not that this has anything at all to do with cisco..but
anyway.)

---
david raistrick (deep in the south georgia woods)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]