From: Con Fused [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 1:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Way off subject [7:9997]

Im in a dilemma.  I need some career advice from some experienced
professionals and anyone else that has been on the same road.
I am 22 years old   I have one more test (CIT) to complete my CCNP.  I have
been planning on studying for the CCIE and taking the lab within the next
year and a half but Im not sure now.  My problem is that I want to get my
computer science degree and I dont think I can get both and work at the same

time.   I am about 2 and a half years from graduating.  I also work 40 hours

a week as a computer tech for an elementary school.  I have hands on
experience with cisco only in a lab enviroment, not in a production network.

  I feel confident that I want to keep learning networking, but at the same
time I feel I am missing something by not having a degree and not having a
broader understanding of computer systems.
The longer I work and put off school I know it will be harder for myself to
get the degree.

Now I am deciding to go to school full time (after I save up some money) and

get the degree done.
I guess the only reason I feel hesitant about doing this is because I am
getting closer to getting the CCIE and that has been my focus for the last
year and a half.  But I have been thinking about it and I think having the
degree behind me will help in the long run if I want to go into management
or if I decide to maybe get into network programming (which I know nothing
about but am kinda curious to learn).  Part of me wants to get into the
field now, but the logical part of me is telling myself to wait and get the
degree.  I dont want to get a cisco related job while going to school
because that will postpone myself getting the degree or take away from my
job because I am focusing on school.  Any suggestions?