I don't think you could get your CCIE without experience on a production
network. Virtually all CCIEs have 5 years full time hands on experience on a
big network.

Finish school.  It is a far better investment of your time right now.
Trying to get a CCIE right now would be a waste of time. Your chances of
getting the CCIE are slim to none without several years of big network
experience and a 5 router lab.

If your school is a Cisco shop, worm your way into the network infrastucture
group, or what ever they call it there.

I think a CCIE is a great goal and that goal needs to be set realistically.
Think of a CCIE like the bar exam or medical boards.  Unless you are the
kind of person who can read a 500 page physics text book in one sitting and
pass the final exam the next day, I would set the CCIE as a 3 to 5 year goal
after you got your first Cisco job.

Good luck.

""Con Fused""  wrote in message
> Im in a dilemma.  I need some career advice from some experienced
> professionals and anyone else that has been on the same road.
> I am 22 years old   I have one more test (CIT) to complete my CCNP.  I
have
> been planning on studying for the CCIE and taking the lab within the next
> year and a half but Im not sure now.  My problem is that I want to get my
> computer science degree and I dont think I can get both and work at the
same
> time.   I am about 2 and a half years from graduating.  I also work 40
hours
> a week as a computer tech for an elementary school.  I have hands on
> experience with cisco only in a lab enviroment, not in a production
network.
>   I feel confident that I want to keep learning networking, but at the
same
> time I feel I am missing something by not having a degree and not having a
> broader understanding of computer systems.
> The longer I work and put off school I know it will be harder for myself
> get the degree.
>
> Now I am deciding to go to school full time (after I save up some money)
and