OK,

i am going out on a limb here ,but i am going to try and answer the
question....or atleast redefine it..

the originall question was

"how does E-IGRP discover networks"

well

first what do we mean by networks.....

"networks are just routers with configured ports" ... i suppose

so...
we could say of networks...that the router  discovers networks by the use of
the neibghour discovery proccess

WHY.....we`ll the only way a router can find out about different networks is
from other routers.....or neighbours......

so it will get networks info  from the update it recieves form other
routers...
from the white paper

"To distribute routing information throughout a network, EIGRP uses
non-periodic incremental routing updates. That is, EIGRP only sends routing
updates about paths that have changed when those paths change.
"

this would explain WHAT happens but HOW...or more precisely..what does
it....i have been unable to find out...

PLEASE ..NO FLAMES.....NONE OF THIS IS SET IN STONE......i am just trying to
find the answer to what is a tricky question....

please add to this ....one day we find an answer

steve