what kind of advice is this "tftpdnld -r"?  This feature is NOT supported
for the 36xx platforms.  It is only supported for the 26xx platforms.  I
have never used the 3660 platforms;  however, I have experiences with
both the 26xx and 3640 platforms.  If the 3660 router has PCMCIA slot
card, the easiest thing to do is to put the IOS on the PCMCIA card,
insert the PCMCIA card into either slot 0 or slot 1, power up the router,
send the break sequence to it (teraterm is one of the best terminal
freeware out there), and run the command the "boot slot0:Cisco-IOS-name"
where Cisco-IOS-name is the name of the IOS.  Once the router is up, you
can copy the IOS from the PCMCIA slot card to the Flash.  If everything
goes well, you will do a "show flash" and you should see the IOS image on
flash.  Oh also verify to make sure the IOS on the flash is not corrupted
"verify flash:Cisco-IOS-name".  Reboot the router again.  If the flash is
not defective, then all is well.

Let me know if you have questions.

Sean

>From: "David C Prall" >Reply-To: "David C Prall" >To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: Re: 3660 router [7:11917] >Date: Wed, 11
Jul 2001 22:17:39 -0400 > >Have a try with the -r option on tftpdnld.
This will boot the image from the >TFTP server. It will not copy it to
flash. If this works, then most likely >you don't have a problem with
memory. Now try to format the flash, then tftp >copy a new image to the
flash. If this works then we need to look at the >bootrom image, perhaps
there is a newer image that supports your flash >config, and you have an
older image that didn't support the flash memory. > >David C Prall
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://dcp.dcptech.com >----- Original Message -----
>From: "Mears, Rob" >To: >Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 11:13 AM
>Subject: RE: 3660 router [7:11917] > > > > I hope u can help. With the
message below it would appear the it has bad > > mem, but I replace it. I
got this error message on both router, the old >and > > the new. The only
thing that was left in common was the IOS so I got a > > different
version and still the same problem. > > > > > > > > Here is the error
message > > > > WARNING: All existing data in flash will be lost! > >
Invoke this application only for disaster recovery. > > Do you wish to
continue? y/n [n]: y > > Ready to receive file c3660-jk8s-mz.122-1b.bin
... > > Erasing flash at 0x30000000sector erase failed at location
0x30000000, > > status 0x > > 20202020 > > flash sector will NOT
erase...aborting > > rommon 2 > > > > > -----Original Message----- > >
From: Peter Slow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > > Sent:
Wednesday, July 11, 2001 8:59 AM > > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > >
Subject: RE: 3660 router [7:11917] > > > > > > open up hyperterm, connect
to console, log the session, flick the power > > switch, and let it drop
into ROMMON. > > > > then you need to post the text file IN LINE with
your next email. > > THEN we can help you. > > > > > > -----Original
Message----- > > From: Mears, Rob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > >
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 9:33 AM > > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > >
Subject: 3660 router [7:11917] > > > > > > Any one ever had a problem
flash and 256 ram and the damn thing will not come out > > of RMMON. I
have set the confreg to boot correctly still RMMON. I have > > flashed it
with two different IOS (121&12.2), swapped out Flash, MEM, even > > sent
the chassis back to Cisco and the new one had the same problem. TAC >has
> > no clue, they have been sending me part and giving me to different
>Engineer > > with no luck. > > > > What gives? > > > > Rob > > > >
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]