From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Sammi
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 9:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: VLAN: ISL or 802.1Q? [7:13325]

On 23 Jul 2001 08:53:26 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Remmert Veen")
wrote:

>If not (so your network is all Cisco) you might wanna consider ISL.

Thanks, my network is indeed all Cisco.
If an environment is ISL, is it a safe assumption one would need to
redo all switches if you started to introduce non-Cisco equipment?
I do have a few 10/100 3Com hubs out there, but I wouldn't think
they'd be affected by either standard?