From: Greg Macaulay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 9:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Cable modems & 2501s?? [7:13626]

Hey Curtis,

Pardon my preaching for a moment -- and don't flame me!!!

Money (saving it or spending it) is not the primary object here!  Learning
how to solve a problem is! -- at least for me!  I've spent the best part of
two years learning MS and Cisco -- and much of the discourse on this list --
is about HANDS-ON -- and not simply theory. Getting to that Lab in Halifax
or wherever means that we all have to work as much as possible on these
Cisco products.

It's like in law school -- I spent three years (many, many years ago)
studying theoretical law -- then when I graduated and passed the Bar Exam --
I was told I had to go out and try a case.  I almost s*** in my pants -- I
knew absolutely nothing about how to apply the law -- but lots about the
theory.

This time I'm gonna' get my hands dirty as much as possible. Besides it's
fun!  I'm having the time of my life learning and applying all this new
stuff.

So the solution must be a Cisco one -- and I might add it is blasphemy to
mention the name of Linksys on this list (As an attorney I can make up rules
if I want to!!!)

In any case, thanks for the input.  I really do apprecicate it.

Greg Macaulay
Oldest CCNP/CCDP on Earth
Lifetime Member of AARP
Retired Attorney/Law Professor