Good points.  I should certainly clarify that I don't advocate bridging
between VLANs unless it makes sense to do so which is usually a corner
case.  I also fully support properly scoping broadcast domains and using a
one vlan to one subnet methodology for cleanliness.  I love simple
networks.  I just wanted to hammer on the distinction a little bit.
Hopefully the tooth fairy got laid off during the  "tech slowdown" and we
can go back to basic bridging and routing.

Pete