I'll answer the PPPOe part.  I used the enternet pppoe client for about two
days when I got my DSL.  What a piece of garbage.  Go out and buy a
linksys/netgear etc braodband router.  They have built in pppoe clients.
Plus, the router will assign private IPs to your internal machines, allowing
you to share the dsl connection.

Neil Schneider