if you only had a connection to 1 as at one site, no reason to use bgp at
all, just static default it.
Redistributing bgp into an igp is generally not a good thing to do, it'll
hammer an underequipped router..
Suppose u work for a company with connections to 2 isps.  Further suppose
that in order to not fall victim to hardware failure, you use different
routers for each connection.  How is 1 router supposed to know what routes
the other peering session is receiveing??  IBGP is how that happens.
You'd typically run IBGP between the 2 routers, so that you'd have the
best of both available.

Brian "Sonic" Whalen
Success = Preparation + Opportunity