On a 6509 with two MSFC2s both MSFCs are active, i.e.
both are capable of routing.

If you only want to use on , only configure one. There
are articles on the Cisco website which show you how
to use both.

you can use both to do routing for different VLANS,
i.e. loadsharing.

you can also configure them for failover. i.e one
active other standby. again there are articles on
cisco website for redundancy for MSFC2s. you can have
then sync configs too.

I have run into this exact situation and have a
implementation with two core 6509s with dual msfc2
running in a redundant config.

the command used is the "alt" command with the standby
statement.

Faisal

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/