From: Ray Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 7:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: HELP!! The Cisco Code & Windows XP [7:16604]

Guys,

After my boss delegated me to research all I can about what is need to
upgrade if necessary our Cisco routers and switches to work with
Windows-XP,
I was only able to assert from information on the web that there is a
bug in
the switch software that is incompatible with XP.

Does anyone here know of any valuable information that can help me with
compiling an educated assessment of this research?  Is anyone out there
knowledgeable of this issue either from personal experience or from
literature?  I would really appreciate some feedback.

The only problems that I have actually heard of thus far is that which
occurred during the beta test that brought down one of Xerox's network.
understand that there is a patch that is available as a fix, in addition
the option of upgrading the Switch code.  My question is: -

a). Does the incompatibility only exist with the Switch software or with
the
router IOS as
     well?

b). Is the patch the best way of dealing with the problem?

I appreciate any help that I can get.  Thanks