Serial1/0 is up, line protocol is up (looped) : What the line besides means
is that there is a physical loop on this serial circuit .
This loop could have been given on the physical circuit from your serail
circuit's remote end or it could have been given from your  PCM or OFC
provider.You will have to contact the agencies mentioned to have the loop
made through for your circuit to be up .

Vijendra.

"Sim, CT (Chee Tong)"  wrote in message
> I was informed that there is a loop in our interface, and it is not up.
> When I do a sh interface, I found it is up but there is a word (looped) as
> shown below.  What is the meaning???   What happen ??  When I show cdp
> neighbor, I see the cdp neighbor of the interface is the router itself??
> Why???
>
> sin03>sh int s1/0
> Serial1/0 is up, line protocol is up (looped)
>
> sin03>sh cdp nei
> Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge
>                   S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater
>
> Device ID        Local Intrfce     Holdtme    Capability  Platform  Port
ID