You are right but if your bootroms are later than 10.x they then
contain the boot load helper which does all those manual steps John
listed for you.  In which case you need only set you default-gateway and
then do the "copy tftp flash"  If under the sh ver the bootroms are
listed as 4.1.x or 5.1.x add 5 to the first digit to get what IOS these
bootroms are, i.e. 4=9 and 5=10.  Don't know why they ever did that:(

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"