I get it! You were right!

I really couldn't get into enable mode (I've tried). And I couldn't get into
config mode also. Look:

Router-R1(boot)#en
Translating "en"
% Unknown command or computer name, or unable to find computer address
Router-R1(boot)#conf t
                                ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Router-R1(boot)#

The problem was that I had some security config which works fine under
normal circumstances but didn't work at all under the boot helper:

username xyz privilege 5 password 7 0458T0945A2
username abc privilege 10 password 7 044568718BC
privilege exec level 10 enable
privilege exec level 15 show startup-config
privilege exec level 15 show running-config
privilege exec level 5 show configuration
privilege exec level 1 show

Although I was entering with a user that should have access to the enable
mode (abc, level 10), I couldn't use this command (don't ask me why, maybe a
BUG!). It seems that I was entering at level 5 and not at level 10, which
should be the correct. So I changed the config-register to 0x2141 (boot from
Rom AND ignore startup-config) and then I had access to the "copy" and
"configure" commands that I needed to do my update.

I've just finished the update and it's working OK.

Thanks for your replies!!

ER