""david""  wrote in message
> Could i use dark fiber to connect 2 OC48 module on 6509s ?
> if ok,any difference from GE module connections on 6509s?

if you were using DPT, yes.  otherwise, you probably wouldn't
want to.  Maybe you could with GbE.  I think you'd be wasting
fiber if you weren't using WDM.  If you got a 2F hand-off, you
probably want to get an ADM and run it with APS 1:1 and
2F BLSR.  That's just a guess, you might not want to protect
it and use it all instead.  In that case, you'd probably want two
6509's and use OSPF/ISIS/EIGRP to protect your IP investment.
GbE would be cheaper than OC-48 blades, so that doesn't sound
like too bad of an idea.  People generally use SONET protection,
but you don't have to if you don't want to.  More power to that.

What do you have on both sides?  What's the application?
What problem are you trying to solve? :>

-dre