So if I understand this, I can make this work on any model router.
Basically, what I am trying to do is to use the ip address that I get via
DHCP from my cable modem provider to get to my inside network at home. So
if I use a 2514 router that has 2 ethernets, can I configure one to get
the ip from the service provider and use the other one to get to my
inside network? Is this possible. Has anyone ever actually got a router
to work this way? Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

>From: "Tony Medeiros" >Reply-To: "Tony Medeiros" >To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: Re: Cable Modem, DHCP & NAT [7:19106]
>Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 20:25:36 -0400 > >Easy IP is just nat over a
negoiated address. You make it work by calling >out the interface,
instead of a nat pool in your nat statment. Simple. It >works on ISDN via
PPP address asignment or ethernet via DHCP or BOOTP or >even PPPoE. The
example that I showed him is for ISDN. > >Tony > >----- Original Message
----- >From: "Leigh Anne Chisholm" >To: "Tony Medeiros" ; ; "Bob >Lepine"
>Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2001 2:45 PM >Subject: RE: Cable Modem,
DHCP & NAT [7:19106] > > > > TONY: If I remember correctly, when I was
trying to research this > > configuration using a single Ethernet
interface, Easy IP is just for BRI > > ISDN. I'm not quite sure that Easy
IP was what Bob was looking for. The > > sample NAT config included in
that example though would apply if you >applied > > the NAT config of the
BRI to the Ethernet interface Bob's using to >negotiate > > the IP
address. > > > > > > BOB: Are you trying to do this using a single
Ethernet interface, or two > > Ethernet interfaces? > > > > > > -- Leigh
Anne > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of > > >
Tony Medeiros > > > Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2001 10:41 AM > > > To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > Subject: Re: Cable Modem, DHCP & NAT [7:19106]
a negotiated > > > interface. > > >
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/793/access_dial/easyip.html > > > > >
> Tony M > > > #6172 > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > From:
"Bob Lepine" > > > To: > > > Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2001 5:44 AM >
> > Subject: Cable Modem, DHCP & NAT [7:19106] > > > > > > > > > > Hi, I
have a 2600 router and the latest software so I can get a DHCP > > >
number > > > > from my service provider. I'm trying to configure the
router so > > > that I can > > > > put my static network on the inside.
It accepts the DHCP number but I > > > can't > > > > get it to do the
translation to the inside seeing that the > > > outside number > > > is >
> > > not a static number. Anyone have experience with this? > > > > Any
help would be appreciated. > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Bob Lepine
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]