From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Cisco Nuts
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 3:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ip dhcp-server under e0?? [7:22250]

Hello,
A couple of weeks back someone had successfully configured his 2514 router
to get a dhcp ip addr. from his cable service provider, configured nat on
the router for his laptop to go out on the internet. I tried to do the same
on my 2514 but I cannot type the command under e0 for my router to get the
dhcp ip addr. from the service provider. I initially thought that it was the
ios ver. (was using 11.3.(3)) I upgraded to 12.0.(9) but it still will not
let me type the command. Will this command only work on higher routers like
the 2600 and the 3600 series. Please advise.
Thank you.
Kind regards.

Output from the router:

RTA(config-if)#ip dhcp ?
% Unrecognized command

RTA#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
RTA(config)#int e0
RTA(config-if)#ip ?
Interface IP configuration subcommands:
  access-group        Specify access control for packets
  accounting          Enable IP accounting on this interface
  address             Set the IP address of an interface
  authentication      authentication subcommands
  bandwidth-percent   Set EIGRP bandwidth limit
  broadcast-address   Set the broadcast address of an interface
  cgmp                Enable/disable CGMP
  directed-broadcast  Enable forwarding of directed broadcasts
  dvmrp               DVMRP interface commands
  hello-interval      Configures IP-EIGRP hello interval