Not seeing the dhcp option under ip addr at all? Not even on my 3640!!
Any advise.

>From: Eric Hoffman >To: 'Cisco Nuts' , [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject:
RE: ip dhcp-server under e0?? [7:22250] >Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:14:00
-0400 > >I was able to get it to work on 12.2(1)T on a 1605. > >Try
feature Navigator to find DCHP client. > >www.cisco.com/go/fn > >Watch
the wrap.... > >HTH, >Eric > >-----Original Message----- >From: Cisco
Nuts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] >Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 3:01
PM >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: ip dhcp-server under e0??
[7:22250] > > >Hello, >A couple of weeks back someone had successfully
configured his 2514 router >to get a dhcp ip addr. from his cable service
provider, configured nat on >the router for his laptop to go out on the
internet. I tried to do the same >on my 2514 but I cannot type the
command under e0 for my router to get the >dhcp ip addr. from the service
provider. I initially thought that it was the > >ios ver. (was using
11.3.(3)) I upgraded to 12.0.(9) but it still will not >let me type the
command. Will this command only work on higher routers like >the 2600 and
the 3600 series. Please advise. >Thank you. >Kind regards. > >Output from
the router: > >RTA(config-if)#ip dhcp ? >% Unrecognized command > >
>RTA#conf t >Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
>RTA(config)#int e0 >RTA(config-if)#ip ? >Interface IP configuration
subcommands: > access-group Specify access control for packets >
accounting Enable IP accounting on this interface > address Set the IP
address of an interface > authentication authentication subcommands >
bandwidth-percent Set EIGRP bandwidth limit > broadcast-address Set the
broadcast address of an interface > cgmp Enable/disable CGMP >
directed-broadcast Enable forwarding of directed broadcasts > dvmrp DVMRP
interface commands > hello-interval Configures IP-EIGRP hello interval >