From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Michael Williams
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 1:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: AARRGGHH!!! Flash on a 2500! [7:24564]

I'm trying to upgrade the IOS on a 2500 router.  When I attempt to delete
the current IOS image, or erase the flash altogether, it tells me it's in
read-only mode.  Fine.  I've scoured Cisco's website trying to find a way to
put the flash into read/write mode so I can do this IOS update, but to no
avail.  I did fine one page talking about partitioning the flash, but
couldn't seem to use that to my advantage.  My next thing is to boot to
rommon and try to wipe the flash there (then use the console to transfer the
10MB IOS image at a blazing 9600 baud..... goodie =)

Any thoughts or information is appreciated.

Mike W.