This worked for me on a 2513:

First you have to make the router run an image other than that in FLASH. The
router
has to boot in RxBoot mode (small IOS image with a small set of commands).
While in
RxBoot mode, the router can download the new IOS.
You have to boot into RxBoot mode, then you can deal with the IOS.

#conf term
#config-reg 0x2101 (This tells it to boot from RxBoot mode)
#^Z

If you do a show ver, it should display 0x2101 as the register number for
the next boot.
Reload the router and answer "yes" or hit "enter" to confirm for the modify
question.

#reload (your telnet session will be lost, but after a few minutes, you can
telnet back)
#copy tftp flash (if you are using a telnet server)
#config term
#config-register 0x2102 (to put the register back to normal boot mode)
#^Z

At this point, you may want to reload the router again to make sure it boots
OK.

I hope this helps.

Craig.