Yeah, that was Chambers all-right.

Now if I may digress...

Funny thing, a lot of people dismissed Chambers's one-dollar move as just a
cheap PR stunt, in that he just wanted to look like he was sharing in the
pain of the 8500 layoffs, while not really sharing the pain (i.e. he didn't
give up any of his stock options, for example).

Fair enough, but on the other hand, I didn't see any other CEO's of
companies that did big layoffs doing anything comparable.  McNealy of Sun,
Barrett of Intel, Roth of Nortel, Fiorina of HP, McGinn/Schacht of Lucent,
Armstrong of AT&T, Nasser of Ford (OK, Nasser isn't there anymore),
Tucci/Ruettgers of EMC, etc. etc.   While slashing thousands from their
payroll,did these guys cut their salaries at all?

So the way I see it, while of course it is true that Chambers could have
done more to share the pain, on the other hand, he did a whole lot more than
those other guys did.  So you could say that Chambers is a pretty cool guy,
relatively speaking.