It sounds like the sort of thing that would be fixed by a reload of the
router, if that is feasible (and if your particular configuration will let
you back into the router after a reload).
No guarantees though.

JMcL
----- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 22/11/2001 11:50 am -----

                    "Hans
Stout"

cc:
                    Sent by:                Subject:     Cannot add dialer
map statement
                    nobody@groupstud
[7:27078]

y.com

                    22/11/2001
09:49

am
                    Please
respond
                    to "Hans
Stout"

Hello colleagues,

I am trying to add a dialer map statement to a dialer interface
configuration. Even after removing the existing dialer map statement, upon
entering the new one the system tells me that it cannot add the dialer map
because there already exists a dynamic one. There is nothing showing in the

running config, so I don4t know where the dynamic entry is stored. I have
heard that this problem can occur with early IOS versions and that the
workaround is to shut the BRI and then add the dialer map. This is not an
option for me because I have to add the dialer map remotely. Does anybody
have an idea ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Hans