RB,

First, you can't simply look at a speed and say "it's half or full
duplex".   Full duplex simply means it can send data while simultaneously
receiving data.

As far as that datasheet, you left out the rest of that sentence you quoted,
which says, "which can be realized over one port (at 8 Mbps) or across all
four ports (at 2 Mbps on each port)."  Obviously they're discussing
bandwidth limitations of the module itself.

If you look closely at what that is saying, it's saying that MODULE can
communicate at up to 8Mbps.  I don't believe this is the same as what we're
talking about when we talk about a serial link at 1.544Mbps or the like and
whether that port is half/full duplex.

Mike W.