From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Priscilla Oppenheimer
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 6:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ATM circuit [7:28774]

My co-author added this statement to the book I'm working on:

".... an ATM virtual circuit may begin on an OC-3 fiber link, cross over to
a T3 line, pass across a Gigabit Ethernet fiber backbone, and end up going
out through an OC-12 fiber link. This may be an implementation of a single
ATM circuit, however."

Could an ATM virtual circuit really span an Ethernet backbone??

Thanks! I don't want to be one of those authors that propagates
misinformation. ;-) Seriously, some mistakes are unavoidable, but this one
seems avoidable (if it is a mistake)

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com