>Just an open question ?
>
>We read, learn and teach Routing protocols are at the
>NETWORK layer of the famous OSI model...

Protocol numbers are not an OSI concept, but a concept of IP.

In any case, it is the function of a protocol that determines its
layer, not necessarily what it runs over. Routing protocols are
intended to provide management and control services at the network
layer.

There was a relatively recent thread on this; check the archives.