I like your humble spirit and your admission that you need to learn more to
do well in the real world (and CCIE), but I would also recommend that you
not beat yourself up about this particular test.

It doesn't sound like a good test. The test should match what you learned
in the semester. Newer educational theories say that the goal should be for
everyone to pass a final exam. If everyone passes, then the class worked.
It sounds like some old-fashioned meanie wrote this test.

Don't get too upset by it.

Priscilla

At 12:32 PM 12/14/01, brian hall wrote:
>Just a message to those who (like me!) thinking that reading, doing labs and
>taking multiple choice test will prepare you for the real world and
>(hopefully)the CCIE lab need to be exposed to cisco's network accademy
>semester 5 skills final . I just took it yesterday and failed . In fact the
>whole class failed!!!!.
>
>One of our students who scored high on most test and blazed through the
>final written exam in 10 mins, walked out in frustration .
>Another student who works as an administrator, was are best chance of having
>someone pass missed it . I myself knew after an hour that if you don't have
>those commands down cold with a solid understanding of how to implement them
>your GOOSE is cooked !!! . You do have the option to have your own written
>notes to help but that might weigh you down if too much is in front of you .
>Working on idividual labs is one thing but putting the whole environment
>together is a whole different animal .
>
>Once given the actual skills asessment designing, implementing and trouble
>shooting you assume that this ones in the bag . The environment wasn't large
>and looking back at the running config's there wasnt much to them other than
>having MED and CBAC . Ah!!! but how wrong I was!!! I'll spare the details
>and say that this was an eye opener . It showed me what I really don't know
>and to do the job in the real world will take a lot work on my part .
>
>Buyer Beware !!!
>
>Overall it was good to go through and to be pushed just shows the weak areas

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com