I've read Doyle Vol II. Now I'm reading Caslow. I've flipped through
Halabi's book. He actually has a statement regarding RR vs. Confed.
According to Halabi, "Cisco recommends RRs to solve the full-mesh IBGP
issue." It would seem that RRs are easier to implement if you take into
account that only the RRs need to have their configuration altered. The
Clients of the RRs take the neighbor statement as nothing more than an IBGP
peer.

One of the responders recommended Parkhurst's book. Yes I have it. But
haven't gotten to it yet. Since it's all config examples I am saving it for
a wrap up of my BGP studies.

Could we make a list of pros/cons to each? Or what solution each
implementation offers?
RR = possibly less config, only RR is altered (in the neighbor statement)
RR = continues to offer loop prevention with use of Cluster_List and
Cluster_ID
RR = solves the need to have full-mesh IBGP
RR = Question, are RR solutions easy to troubleshoot/maintain?

Confeds = offers chance to create a backbone of backbones
Confeds = use of Private ASs
Confeds = allows implementation of an IGP between confeds for further policy
implementation
Confeds = adds complexity when considering route announcements and behavior
of EBGP as an IBGP
Confeds = Question, are Confed solutions easy to troubleshoot/maintain?

Any other thoughts?

Chris