From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Cisco Breaker
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 10:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ICMP Error [7:30030]

Hi All,

I have a client that installed a Linux NIS server which is working with
broadcasts. That server is connected to cisco 4908. Server IP is
192.168.5.2. He is saying that when NIS server starts to work all clients
and NIS server is receiving a message at below,

" 192.168.5.2 sent an invalid ICMP error to broadcast"

What is the meaning of this message, I searched on cisco but didnt find
anything. Can it be because of  "no ip directed-broadcast" command on the
interface.

Any help will be appreciated?

Best regards,